Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Upcycled cards...

 Who doesn't love old typewriters? Well, maybe there are some people out there. I guess if I ever had to use one of these for work I'd probably hate it, but it's perfect for crafting (fun too!) I found mine at a local antique store for about $30. I had to force myself to buy the practical (aka-in good working order) one over the very cool (and old) black one that would probably never type again :(
You don't need a typewriter to upcycle cards, but like I said before it's just way more fun! You could use alphabet stamps, stickers, a calligraphy pen, clip letters from magazines for that sophisticated serial killer look? Anything goes in the craft world :)


I very seldom buy cards anymore because I'm really trying to slowly convert all my bad "disposable" habits into good "planet-friendly" habits. I'm not going crazy with it or anything. Every year I try to change 1 or 2 things. Though I have bought some blank cards from the goodwill, but that's just rescuing them at their last stop before the trash (so it doesn't count, right?) 

Some cards were just made to be upcycled. Look at the card on the bottom, I could get at least 2 more cards out of that. Some cards I crop to make a note card or punch a hole through it to use it as a gift tag. You can also make your own gift card holders. That card on the upper/left is perfect for a gift tag, just cut around the little square with the butterflies and use a hole punch.

This is my collection box. Besides cards and salvaged card pieces, I also throw in blank cardstock packing from tights, stickers, hair rubberbands etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment